12 scholarships available! Applications accepted from November 1, 2016 - April 30, 2017.
Federal-Mogul Motorparts Corporation is pleased to announce its Automotive Technician Scholarship Program awarding twelve (12) students up to $2,500 to help support educational expenses for the 2017-2018 school year. Funding for the scholarships is provided through the Federal-Mogul Motorparts Corporation Garage Gurus, who provide industry-leading training to automotive professionals Onsite, Online
and On-Demand throughout the United States.
Individuals who meet the following criteria are eligible for the Federal-Mogul Motorparts Automotive Technician Scholarship. The individuals must:
- at the time of application be (i) enrolled full-time at a US high school; or (ii) accepted or currently enrolled, either full-time or part-time, at an accredited college, university or trade school within the US. Trade school should be the equivalent of a two-year associate program.
- be in pursuit of an automotive technician degree or certification (or equivalent degree/certification).
- carry a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- be a legal resident of the United States, in the United States on a student Visa or a resident alien.
- submit most recent transcript of all academic work.
- submit a completed application which can be found at www.fmgaragegurus.com/scholarship.
- submit two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- submit a typed essay (no more than four (4) pages in length double spaced – 1,000 words maximum) or a video (no more than two (2) minutes long) describing "why I want to be a top technician." Maximum file size is 25MB.
Additional Program Information:
Program is open to students enrolled in a U.S. based school for the 2017/2018 school
year. For the 2017/2018 school year, applications will be accepted from November
1, 2016 - April 30, 2017 and awarded May 15, 2017. Scholarship recipient will
be notified as quickly as possible. Applications will be reviewed by Federal-Mogul
Motorparts employees and their team of ASE Master Certified Garage Gurus.
Financial need will not be a consideration. Money will be distributed to the school
in the name of the student (no funds will be given directly to the student). Maximum
annual scholarship is $2,500 per school calendar year. Awards are distributed for
a single school year. Recipients are eligible to re-apply for the following calendar
year but are required to meet the application criteria as stated.